Friday, January 14, 2011

Persian Shield

Now my Persian Shield is an interesting plant indeed! It is somewhat high maintenance and is a drama queen when she is not watered and cared for perfectly. This is the plant that one minute is standing tall and proud, and five hours later is wilted and sickly looking if I am off a little bit on her watering schedule.

This is what she looks like when she is being a drama queen....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is what she looks like when she is happy...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I bought this plant in Kissimmee Florida in October 2010. My husband and I have a timeshare
In Orlando that we visit yearly for a few weeks of rest and relaxation. I asked my husband to take me to the local Lowes so that I could checkout the plants. I ended up buying several plants for a great price. My Persian shield was sitting amongst several other foliage plants and the beautiful leaves grabbed my attention so I bought it without a clue on how to care for it. I struck up a conversation with the lady at the checkout counter and told her all the plants that I purchased were going north to Ohio. Of course she informs me that the plants will have a major adjustment with the change. My goal was to keep my plants looking great in Ohio, so I purchased grow lights, humidifiers, and the right soil. I did my homework and all of the plants that I bought from Lowes are doing well in Ohio. Ha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment