Monday, January 17, 2011

My other wandering Jew

I purchased this plant in December at a Home Depot store in Toledo Ohio. I liked the mixed colored varieties of the wandering Jew so I bought it. It was nowhere near as full as my ther wandering Jew that I got in Florida. As a matter of fact, it was a bit scraggly, but I bought it anyway. It has done super good.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


I have grow lights inside my home to help supplement light to my indoor plants. The height of the lights vary depending on the location of the lights. Recently I moved this plant to a different spot which placed it 3 inches below the light. The plant responded tremendously and started filling out and growing like a weed. It also started blooming. I learned alot from this. I had no idea the difference that the height of the grow light had on plants. I learned that perhaps I need more lighting, but I am not going to supplement with more lights at this time because my electric bill has doubled because of the cost it takes to add light, heat, and humidity to all my plants.

I am very happy with this plant.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment