Friday, January 14, 2011

My Stunning Aglaonema

Around the last week of November 2010 I was at Dehavens, a garden store looking for T5 grow lights. Well, whenever I am in a store that has plants I just have to check the plants out. I wandered back in the greenhouse area where they have a small selection of indoor plants during the winter season. They had a several hanging baskets and some succulents and seasonal plants. I spotted a gorgeous spider plant that I loved but in the corner was this stunning Aglaonema plant. I looked at the price and said forget it. They wanted $40 dollars for it. I bought spider plant and went home. I visited the store at least once a week for different things that I needed and always went back to see if the Aglaonema was still there....and it was. I think the owners of the store had it priced so high so that it would not sell.

On December 20,2010 my boss gave me a few gifts, one being a $50 gift card. I knew what I was going to get. Excited, I left work and went to Dehavens to see if the Aglaonema was still there...and it was. I purchased the plant then went to Hobby Lobby to find a basket to place the plant in. I found the perfect basket and I had my awesome plant.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I named this plant Peggy Sue. My boss' name is Peg, so I named the plant after her for the gift to purchase this plant that I wanted so much. Peggy Sue is thriving and giving me much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment