Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mya

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I ordered this ponytail palm from Brussels Bonsai. I was devastated to find the top of the plant severed from the trunk in the box. The top was full and gorgeous and I was really sad that the plant was injured. I called Brussels Bonsai and told them what happened and I sent pictures. They were awesome and told me they would send me out a replacement immediately. In the mean time, I did some research to see if the top would grow back. I love the Internet which helped me to find the answer. I ended up making a drastic cut into the entire trunk of the plant. Wow....I sealed the wound with special plant sealant commonly used on rose bushes and took care of her like I did my other palms.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I waited and watched for a few months. I noticed a few bumps forming on the side of the trunk which thrilled me. After a few weeks, the bracts emerged through the thick trunk....an amazing feat in itself. The bracts began to resemble the bottom portion of the palm. Four bracts emerged. How cool is that?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I am in awe of nature and feel blessed that I am witnessing her beauty and grace in this plant. I am glad I did my research and did not discard her when she was injured. I truly believe that this ponytail palm will end up being my most beautiful. I feel a sort of connection with this plant. Yep...I am a weirdo.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment