Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Wandering Jew from Florida

I bought a wandering Jew in Florida in October at Lowes. At the time that I bought it, I did not have the slightest clue what it was...but to me it was beautiful. I am partial to deep warm colors so this plant fit my fancy perfectly. I was amazed by the shimmer of it's leaves and the deep purple hue on the underside of the leaves.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


I have read that this plant is highly invasive and many people look upon this plant as a weed. It does appear to grow very easy. A week or so ago I was tidying up the plant and lost a few healthy looking leaves and stems, so I took the broken off stems and simply placed them in seed growing soil and the cuttings appear to be doing just fine.

As you can see, this plant is gorgeous. It probably needs to be repotted. I will do that in the spring time.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment